The history of Hotel Casa Tra Noi
In May 1958 the first stone was laid. Hotel Casa Tra Noi was then inaugurated on June 3th 1962.
The building had to be used as a Professional Center and as a halfway house for maids, a category of women workers "without a voice" and rights and morally and economically exposed to abuses and injustices.
The social transformation and the advent of industrialization did not favor the realization of the aims for which the structure had been built and also adhering to the suggestion of the then Vicar of Rome His Eminence Cardinal Luigi Traglia, it was thought to start hosting pilgrims and tourists , maintaining the spirituality of the welcome proper to the Tra Noi Movement (Movimento Tra Noi), founded by Don Sebastiano Plutino of the Opera di San Luigi Orione.
A simple and familiar style of welcome that allowed guests to perceive the universal fraternity of which Rome, the center of catholicity, was to be a witness.
Everything, always in the hands of Mary, "Salvation of the Roman People", whose statue was placed on the highest roof of the House.
Live and let live the spirituality of hospitality and in particular of "the last", without discrimination of race, culture and religion, because all children of one God and brothers between us, has always been the commitment of Hotel Casa Tra Noi, whose profits are destined to the Missionary Works of the Movement: Centers and Family Houses according to the needs of the territory: for children and young people drugged or alcoholic, terminally ill, homeless, etc.
Divine Providence has its projects, it is up to us to understand and realize them, in humble and joyful service.
It is possible to find information on the "Movimento Tra Noi" in Italian at THIS LINK.